- Asian stocks traded negatively in the wake of ongoing US-China tensions and questions about reopening global risk appetite
- US President Trump has extended for another year an executive order from Huawei and ZTE to protect the US supply chain, the statement said.
- U.S. President Trump says he prefers negative interest rates and strongly believes that America should have a negative interest rate.
- In FX, DXY maintains 100.00, EUR/USD and GBP/USD above 1.0800 and 1.2200 respectively, AUD lags post-jobs data
- U.S. President Trump says U.S. has surpassed 10 million virus tests, and he thinks U.S. should reopen schools
- BoE Governor Bailey also signalled the bank is likely to increase government bond purchases
- UK is drawing up plans to reduce tariffs on US agricultural imports to advance progress on a UK-US trade agreement
- Australian Employment Change (Apr) -594.3k vs. Exp. -575.0k (Prev. 5.9k) Australian Unemployment Rate (Apr) 6.2% vs. Exp. 8.3% (Prev. 5.2%) Australian Participation Rate (Apr) 63.5% vs. Exp. 65.2% (Prev. 66.0%)
- RBNZ Governor Orr said the NZD 60bln is a limit and not a target for its QE programme
Daily European Opening News - 14th May 2020.
5/14/2020 12:39:00 PM